- Stock: 2-3 Days
- Model: 3DS
- Weight: 0.20kg
Please note 3DS console required to play - not compatible with original DS consoles
Snake Eater 3D breaks cover
Hideo Kojima's jungle epic heads to Nintendo 3DS
METAL GEAR SOLID: SNAKE EATER 3D is set during the Cold War of the 60s, and sees series hero Snake infiltrating the Soviet jungle to bring back a scientist being held against his will. Starting on the outskirts of a military base, the player must use Snake’s stealth skills along with the foliage and shade that the jungle offers as cover to infiltrate unseen. As the game progresses, old faces make unwelcome appearances and a series of terrifying boss characters must be defeated before leading up to a dramatic twist that brings Snake face to face with a key figure from his past…
The new game springs to life in 3D, with the jungle’s dense foliage and craggy outcrops acting as truly immersive cover as the player works their way through the lush setting. The game also takes full advantage of the split-screen format, enabling easier access to Snake’s inventory, which is now located below the main action. The game also supports gyro synchronization, for special actions like balancing on narrow ledges that will draw players further into the world of MGS. Similarly, targeting enemies is now made simpler with the addition of Circle Pad Pro-compatibility, with the second Circle Pad allowing users to target distant foes with ease.
Concealing one’s self and sneaking up on guards is central to METAL GEAR SOLID: SNAKE EATER 3D, but the 3D elements make key boss battles and exploration all the more incredible. The Nintendo 3DS title utilises a first-person view in which the foliage can be seen brushing past as Snake moves through it, and the many creatures that inhabit the locale will attack if Snake disturbs them. However, these can also be killed and stored as rations, highlighting how Snake must also overcome his surroundings while undercover on his mission…
Another addition exclusive to METAL GEAR SOLID: SNAKE EATER 3D is an all-new camouflage photography system. Within the game, Snake can alter his ensemble to match and blend in with his immediate environment and the possibilities can range from brick-coloured fatigues within buildings, to the classic camouflage khakis of the jungle. Users can now take a picture of real-life items and create a camo suit based on them – although the extent of its effectiveness will vary depending on how well your pictures blend with Snake’s environment!
- NowGamer - 9.1/ 10 – ‘Even if you have experienced Kojima’s game before, this is arguably the definitive version of it and needs to be played immediately.’
- IGN - 8.5 – ‘Snake Eater is the perfect Metal Gear Solid title. It takes the core mechanics of the franchise and twists them, making for a far more tense and savage experience that focuses on nature and the environment over hiding behind walls and watching a radar screen.’
- VideoGamer - 8/10 – ‘If the 3DS is the only console you own, you really should acquire this game as soon as you can. When everyone said that you'd love it, they really weren't lying.’
- GodisaGeek - 8/10 – ‘with Revengeance on the horizon and talks of MGS 5 for 2013/2014, we at least have this fantastic port and the HD collection to keep us going until Snake and company come riding onto our gaming devices once again; and I for one cannot wait.’
- GameSpot - 8/10 - ‘easily one of the best games available for the 3DS to date.